Alpha Arbutin is a biosynthetic active ingredient that is pure, water-soluble, and manufactured in powder form. As one of the most advanced skin-lightening ingredients on the market, it has been shown to work effectively on all skin types.
Alpha Arbutin powder is a new type with alpha glucoside keys of hydroquinone glycosidase. As the fade color composition in cosmetics, alpha arbutin can effectively inhibit the activity of tyrosinase in the human body.
What are the benefits of Alpha Arbutin for the skin?
1. Lightens dark spots
Alpha arbutin lightens skin tone by lightening discoloration caused by inflammation and environmental stress, making it look healthy and radiant. This includes sunspots, age spots, acne scars and melasma. It acts as a natural blending foundation for the skin.
2. Reduces acne scars
Alpha arbutin works well in lightening red-purple acne scars caused by acne.
3. Evens skin tone
Alpha arbutin helps improve uneven skin tone by inhibiting the production of pyranose. It also can resolve other skin problems, such as sugar-induced tan (yellow) skin and loss of elasticity.
4. Prevents Hyperpigmentation and Discoloration
Alpha arbutin successfully inhibits melanin synthesis, making it effective and safe for the treatment of hyperpigmentation. It protects the skin from sun-induced pigmentation and free radicals without increasing the skin’s sensitivity to sun exposure. In fact, it can prevent freckles and hyperpigmentation after sunburn in the future by blocking the extra production of melanin. In other words, less melanin equals less pigment. This results in reduced dark spots and an even skin tone. However, further studies are needed to understand this mechanism.
Who Should Consider Using Alpha Arbutin?
Almost everyone who isn’t pregnant and wants to lighten any skin discoloration, whether it’s caused by sun exposure, acne scars, or melasma, can use alpha arbutin products. It is also pointed out that it’s a great option for those with darker skin tones, which are generally more prone to hyperpigmentation because of the higher levels of melanin in the first place. It can also be used to make people who usually have The skin tone of the spots even, not spot-specific. If you have sensitive skin, Alpha arbutin is also a good choice. For Arbutin is also relatively well tolerated, compared to other powerful ingredients like acid and peels that can cause irritation and dryness. It also doesn’t make skin more sensitive to sunlight, which means you can use it safely year-round. That being said, there is always a risk of irritation or allergic reaction when trying any new skincare ingredient. To be on the safe side, especially if you have sensitive skin, test it on a small spot on your forearm before applying it all over your face.
Which is better for skin whitening?
1. Alpha Arbutin or Vitamin C?
Vitamin C, kojic acid, and licorice extract ingredients are all other popular skin lighteners found in skin care products like serums and masks. Vitamin C is effective at reducing age spots and improving skin tone, but one downside of vitamin C serums is that they can make the skin more sensitive to sunburn.
2. Alpha Arbutin or Hydroquinone
Hydroquinone is one of the most well-known ingredients in many beauty care products and is considered the gold standard for skin lightening. Its effectiveness in treating darkened skin has been proven in various scientific studies. It works by inhibiting tyrosinase, the enzyme needed to produce melanin. However, because of some evidence that hydroquinone may be a carcinogen, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is proposing to ban all cosmetic products containing this compound. Currently, only products containing 2% or less of hydroquinone can be marketed in the U.S. without a prescription, and up to 4% can be sold by prescription. This whitening ingredient is banned in most countries in Europe. The ban paved the way for the rise of alternative skin-lightening treatments, such as arbutin-containing formulations.
3. β-Arbutin VS α-Arbutin
1) Differences in stability: α-arbutin will not decompose at a high temperature of 100°; β-arbutin will decompose a little over 60°. Under the condition of pH = 5.2– 8.0, the α-arbutin solution was not decomposed, but beta-arbutin was decomposed. So in general stability, alpha is better than beta.
2) The physical and chemical properties of α-arbutin and β-arbutin are basically similar. They are epimers of each other, but their optical rotations are very different. The value of α-arbutin is positive (+174.0～ +184.0°), while the value of β-arbutin is negative (-64°～-68°), which is also the biggest difference and judgment method between the two.
3) The price of α-arbutin is 3 times higher than that of β-arbutin, but the whitening effect is 10 times higher than that of β-arbutin.
4) β-Arbutin exists in nature, but α-Arbutin does not exist.
Precautions for using Arbutin:
1. Both β-arbutin and α-arbutin can only be used externally, not orally.
2. Arbutin cannot be used in the formulation of methylparaben, as it is easy to produce hydroquinone, a harmful substance that irritates the skin.
3. When formulating skin care products, an appropriate amount of antioxidants can be added to prevent discoloration.
4. Arbutin is not easy to decompose in the reaction temperature range of 30~50℃.
5. The pH value of arbutin should be controlled at 5-7, and its stability should be controlled within the adaptation range of human skin. Alkaline will change color, acid will break down a little.
6. In order to speed up the absorption of arbutin, 0.8%~1% penetrant azone can be added.
What other ingredients can be used with Alpha arbutin to enhance whitening effects?
For better skin whitening effects, there are many skin care products that combine alpha arbutin with other lightening ingredients such as retinoids, niacinamide, azelaic acid, and hyaluronic acid. These products can help keep skin moisturized, and bright and fight signs of aging. For example, azelaic acid appears to be effective in reducing hyperpigmentation, rosacea, and other problems associated with skin inflammation. You can also use alpha arbutin and other products, such as glycolic acid, to enhance skin texture after a chemical peel or exfoliation. Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that helps exfoliate dead skin cells, which helps with many common skin problems from acne to wrinkles and it helps the skin better absorb protective ingredients.
More Than 10 Years Experience in the Field of Health and Export (Established in 2011, And Developed 3 Branch Companies)
Certificate Of ISO, Halal
High Standard Workshop And Visitors Welcome At Any Time
Providing OEM Service
Transaction Guarantee And Convenient Payment Terms Available
Professional Packing And Custom Packing Service
Providing Visual Delivery Process
Providing Refunds Or Exchanges Service
We Provide You with The Sincerest And Most Professional Service As follows
24 Hours of Online communication
Sharing of Market Information Trend
Suggestion for Purchase Decision
Different Payment Terms: TT,LC, And So On
Multiple Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, Credit Card, Paypal Etc.
Funds Risk Control
3. Shipment Conditions
Fast Shipping Within 3 Working Days Usually
Update for Full Shipment Process From China to Destination
Cooperation for Fast&Smooth Custom Clearance at Destination
Implementing Contract Terms Strictly
Timely Solving Any Discrepancy or Goods Claims
Responsible for Loss Under Our Liability Others
Assistant: Sample Working; Help You Solve The Problem in China
Registration: Professional Team for Registration in Market
Technology: Rich Experienced Technician to Support