What is Chitosan Oligosaccharide
Chitosan oligosaccharides are also called oligosaccharides, agricultural amino oligosaccharides, and oligomeric glucosamine. Because of its good water solubility, easy absorption and unique function, it is widely used in many fields such as agriculture and biological engineering.
Chitin, Chitosan and Chitosan oligosaccharide
With the continuous development of glycobiology in recent years, chitin, chitosan and chitosan oligosaccharide have been discovered one after another. So what is the relationship between these three?
● Chitin Light beige to white, soluble in concentrated hydrochloric acid/phosphoric acid/sulfuric acid/acetic acid, insoluble in alkali and other organic solvents, and insoluble in water. Chitosan derivatives (Chitosan derivatives), chitosan (chitosan) is insoluble in water, soluble in some dilute acids.
● Chitosan is made from chitin as raw material and then refined. It is insoluble in water but soluble in dilute acid and can be absorbed by the human body. Chitosan is a primary derivative of chitin. Its chemical structure is a high molecular alkaline polysaccharide polymer with cation and has unique physical and chemical properties and biological activation functions.
● Chitosan oligosaccharide powder is also called chitosan oligosaccharide and chitosan 20 oligosaccharide products, molecular weight ≤ 3200Da, are low molecular weight products with good water solubility, significant functional effect and high biological activity. It has many unique functions such as high solubility that chitosan does not have, being fully soluble in water, ease to be absorption and utilization by organisms, and its effect is 14 times that of chitosan.
Simply put, chitosan oligosaccharide is an oligosaccharide obtained by degrading chitin or chitosan, and it is an upgraded product of chitin and chitosan products! Low molecular weight, good water solubility, great function and easier to be absorbed.
Application of Chitosan Oligosaccharide Agriculture
According to the various excellent properties of chitosan oligosaccharide Agriculture, it can be developed into biological pesticides, treatment agents, growth regulators and fertilizers.
It can be used as a treatment agent for seeds of many grain and vegetable crops. It can improve the germination rate of seeds, enhance the disease resistance of seedlings, promote the growth of crops and increase the yield of crops.
Fruit and vegetable preservatives
Chitosan oligosaccharide has good film-forming properties and certain selective osmosis, which can change the gas composition in the fruit tissue and reduce evaporation loss, thereby inhibiting the rot and deterioration of the fruit. Coupled with its broad-spectrum antibacterial properties, it can be used to preserve fruits and vegetables.
Chitosan oligosaccharide for Plant disease inducers, growth promoters
Chitosan oligosaccharide can regulate the closing and opening of plant genes and induce plants to secrete resistance enzymes, which can not only promote the activation of plant cells, stimulate plant growth, but also increase the self-defense ability against pests and diseases, reduce pathogenic bacteria, especially pathogenic fungi. damage to plants.
Chitosan oligosaccharide powder can change the soil flora, promote the growth of beneficial microorganisms, improve the soil environment, and release the fixed medium and trace elements in the soil, to achieve the purpose of increasing production.
Foliar spraying, root irrigation, flushing and other treatments on crops can effectively promote the development of the root system, and at the same time create a good soil environment for the root system, which has good rooting, rooting, and root preservation effects.
How to identify high-quality Chitosan oligosaccharides?
Chitosan oligosaccharide powder has a sour smell. In the production process of chitosan oligosaccharide, dilute acid is used to dissolve chitosan, and then it is degraded into chitosan oligosaccharide at the optimum temperature of biological enzymes, so chitosan oligosaccharide has a little sour taste. However, some inferior chitosan oligosaccharides have a rotten smell, and the amount of such chitosan oligosaccharides is too much, and the residual acid will degrade the chitosan oligosaccharides, resulting in an increase in the content of glucosamine (monosaccharides) in the chitosan oligosaccharides, and the residual acid Too much will also reduce the actual content of chitosan oligosaccharide, which will seriously affect the content and efficacy of chitosan oligosaccharide.
It mainly depends on the color of the Chitosan oligosaccharide powder and whether there are small black particles. At present, the bio-enzymatic degradation method can prepare light yellow chitosan oligosaccharides with a low-temperature spray dryer after removing impurities by filtration and activated carbon decolorization. However, the inlet temperature of the spray drying for mass production is 160-180 °C, and the chitosan oligosaccharide is easy to change color when exposed to high temperatures. In this process, if you want to keep the lighter color of chitosan oligosaccharide itself, you can deal with it from the following aspects:
1. During the preparation process, the chitosan raw material is decontaminated to reduce the ash;
2. Shorten the time of enzymatic hydrolysis reaction and membrane treatment, and reduce the chance of chitosan oligosaccharide and air contact oxidation;
3. In the case of ensuring low moisture content, try to use a lower spray temperature. Prepare high-activity chitosanase with an optimized process, shorten the enzymatic hydrolysis time of chitosan, and prevent the oxidation reaction of chitosan oligosaccharide to the greatest extent;
4. Control the temperature of spray drying to prevent chitosan oligosaccharide from carbonization and blackening. Therefore, high-quality chitosan oligosaccharide looks uniform in color, light yellow, and no black fine particles visible to the naked eye.
The dissolution rate, clarity and color are mainly observed. If the chitosan oligosaccharide powder contains too much impurity ash, it will affect its dissolution rate. High-quality chitosan oligosaccharide is poured into water and dissolved in water evenly and quickly. The chitosan oligosaccharide solution with the same concentration is as light as possible and as clear as possible. The lighter the color of the chitosan oligosaccharide solution, the less oxidized chitosan oligosaccharide, and the higher the effective content of chitosan oligosaccharide. The chitosan oligosaccharide solution is light in color but has an opaque feeling. The quality of this chitosan oligosaccharide is not very good, either because the chitosan oligosaccharide has a large molecular weight and is insoluble in water; out of turbidity.