Since ancient times, people have persistently pursued anti-aging and have found lots of substances for that. But Have you heard of the most potent anti-aging ingredients in nature? Sericin is a natural protein derived from the well-known silk exciting around for centuries. As one of the silk skin care products, sericin powder is made of selected top-grade silk raw materials and processed by modern biochemical technology. It has excellent properties such as easy solubility in water, high purity, fine and uniform particle size, and good appearance and color. Sericin powder is a natural moisturizing factor substance, which can effectively prevent dry, wrinkled and aging skin, inhibit melanin production in the skin, and has an anti-oxidation function, resisting the erosion of skin by ultraviolet rays, sunlight, microwaves, chemical substances, and air pollutants. So sericin powder has been used in high-end cosmetics by cosmetic experts. And since its natural and good antioxidant properties, sericin powder can also be used as a functional food nutritional additive, especially for oily foods. Moreover, textiles coated with sericin can keep the skin moist and can effectively prevent chemical fibers from directly contacting the skin. So It has been a new type of textile antibacterial agent. If you are interested in this product, please contact us.
Why did we need to use Sericin for Skincare?
At first, people found that sericin powder has excellent compatibility with human skin, and its chemical structure is very similar to skin keratin, so it is used as an ideal biological material for wound sutures and dressings in the medical field. These powerful regenerative properties inspired the exploration of its skin care applications.
- With its excellent compatibility, it has high regeneration performance. The protein itself protects our skin like silk threads, preventing transepidermal water loss while retaining moisture. Excessive water loss is one of the causes of dry skin. The formed bio-layer will keep the skin smooth after one application and protect the skin by preventing toxins from entering the skin. Skin is more hydrated and nourished, and skin appears smoother, clearer and more radiant.
- Sericin not only prevents moisture loss but also helps to actively restore the skin’s Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF). NMF is basically your own production of skin essentials like hyaluronic acid and various amino acids like PCA, urocanic acid, and even your organic salts and sugars. It keeps the skin hydrated by maintaining its elasticity and protecting it from damage. With active repair, the skin will always be at optimal hydration levels and look radiant.
- Silk protein also contains up to 18 kinds of amino acids. The presence of amino acids such as proline and glycine aids in collagen production, resulting in anti-aging properties such as wrinkle reduction. The reduction in dark spots will be noticeable as the silk protects against ultraviolet radiation (UV), it also inhibits the formation of excess melanin that causes dark spots. Presumably, you have also seen some sericin eye lift creams on the shelf.
How to use sericin for Skin Care?
Sericin is found in many different cosmetic and skin care products, including creams, lotions, serums, eye creams and masks. It can also be purchased in powder form and added to DIY skin care recipes. Sericin can be used on the face and body. For best results, use on clean, dry skin. If you have sensitive skin, it’s best to test a small patch of skin before using sericin or any other new skin care product. If you experience any irritation, redness, or other discomforts, discontinue the use of this product and consult a physician if necessary.
Other uses of sericin
In addition to its use in cosmetics and skin care products, sericin has many other uses, such as:
- Textiles: Sericin can be used to improve the feel and appearance of fabrics.
- Food: Sericin can be used as a food additive to improve the texture and quality of food.
- Medicine: Sericin can be used in medicine to help wounds and burns heal.
- Agriculture: Sericin can be used in agriculture to improve the quality of crops.
- Others: Sericin can also be used in other industries such as paper making and plastic manufacturing.