What is Tranexamic Acid?
Tranexamic acid, an antifibrinolytic amino acid, is one of the most commonly used anticoagulant drugs in clinical practice. It can competitively resist plasmin activator, so that plasminogen cannot be converted into plasmin, and it has the proteolytic activity of inhibiting plasmin.
What are the main components of tranexamic acid?
The main ingredient of tranexamic acid tablets is tranexamic acid. Chemical name: p-aminomethylcyclohexanecarboxylic acid. Molecular formula: C8H15NO2. Molecular weight: 157.21.
When was Tranexamic Acid Used in Cosmetics?
Tranexamic acid has been used clinically as hemostatic. It was not until 1979 that a Japanese doctor Nijo published an article “Treatment of melasma with tranexamic acid” in Clinical Research and proposed that when he treated patients with chronic urticaria, he found that the patients’ chloasma also decreased. Since then, there has been a lot of clinical evidence supporting this phenomenon.
What is the role of tranexamic acid?
The Whitening Effects of Tranexamic Acid
- Reduce the darkening of the skin caused by ultraviolet rays:
Ultraviolet rays, drugs, free radicals, hormones and other factors will stimulate the activity of tyrosinase, increase the number of melanin proteins, and darken the skin. Once the melanocytes are stimulated, they will continue to produce melanin protein for 29 days, so that the skin will continue to deepen. As a result of the test, tranexamic acid reduced skin darkening caused by UV rays by 24%.
- Reduce the pigmentation caused by inflammation:
Prevent the activity of the inflammatory protein-cytoplasm, and avoid the melanin precipitation caused by microvascular bleeding and inflammation. And reduce the activity of tyrosinase, reducing the production of melanin. Tranexamic acid has anti-inflammatory and whitening effects to avoid skin darkening. As a result of the test, tranexamic acid reduced skin darkening caused by an inflammatory factor (arachidonic acid) by 32%.
The Indications of Tranexamic Acid in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Tranexamic Acid can be used for:
- Trauma or surgical bleeding of organs rich in plasminogen activators such as the prostate, urethra, lung, brain, uterus, adrenal gland, thyroid, and liver.
- Used as thrombolytic drugs, such as antagonists of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA), streptokinase and urokinase.
- Fibrinolytic hemorrhage caused by induced abortion, early placental exfoliation, stillbirth and amniotic fluid embolism.
- Menorrhagia, anterior chamber bleeding and severe epistaxis with increased local fibrinolysis.
- For preventing or reducing bleeding after tooth extraction or oral surgery in hemophilia patients with factor VIII or factor IX deficiency.
- For mild hemorrhage caused by rupture of central aneurysms, such as subarachnoid hemorrhage and intracranial aneurysm hemorrhage, this product is better than other antifibrinolytics for hemostasis, but attention must be paid to the risk of cerebral edema or cerebral infarction. . As for severe patients with surgical indications, this product can only be used as an adjuvant drug.
- The treatment of hereditary angioedema, it can reduce the frequency and severity of its attacks.
- Active bleeding in patients with hemophilia.
- It has a definite curative effect on chloasma.
The Side Effects of Tranexamic Acid
The main side effects of Tranexamic Acid include:
- Loss of appetite 0.61%
- Nausea 0.41%
- Vomiting 0.2%
- Itching 0.07%
- Rash 0.07%
When adverse reactions and side effects occur, the user should be discontinued and appropriate processing. If you experience any side effects while using this product, you should inform your doctor.
Uses of Tranexamic Acid
Tranexamic acid is generally used in cosmetics to make cosmetic creams, toners or serums, and in medicines, it is generally sold as audio tranexamic tablets, which should not be swallowed directly or powdered on the face.
Where can I buy tranexamic acid powder?
Xi’an Lyphar Biotech in China provides raw material Tranexamic Acid powder with a purity of over 98% and a large capacity every month. You can contact them for Tranexamic Acid Powder if you have any interests.